Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chapter 21: Enjoying Life as I Roam the World

I've been trying to settle down from the last experience that some girls put you through. I've been really trying to focus on school and fill my time with other things. I finally stopped working as a shoes sales man and I feel relived. I think that I need to peel off that layer and move on. I've been peeling off a lot of layers of my life, like some girls, jobs and class work. I've been trying to enjoy the little things that life has to offer each day. You need to move on to build yourself up again.

I decided to pick up a supply of art materials because recently I've been drawing and brainstorming ideas in my notebook during class. I've been taking a class for my final project in graphic communications and the topic came up about storyboards and now I have a sketchpad that I will use to create my storyboards for my animation. I've revisited the past and remembered why I want to pursue this career and become a director of animation one day. I really like to use my imagination and create things that I visualize. There is just something about creating my own world and characters that excite me.

I really enjoy going out and eating on Tuesday nights at the OB. Great wings for just 25 cents satisfy this poor man college student. I just like the atmosphere and hanging out with my friends and roomie. I guess I need a break during the week to keep me going. Also there are some cute waitresses there too. Haha yeah we like to joke about that stuff too, especially with Steeleo. Haha actually just ate there tonight with him and our waitress was very nice and cute. Hmm wish I would have told her my birthday party was coming up; she commented on me turning 22. Hmm I think she liked me, oh well who knows.

Yeah turning 22 in two weeks. Getting older and throwing in graduation makes me feel strange. I still don't really know what I want to do in life. The biggest adventure hasn't happened yet and wondering when it will hit. So back to my party, hmm what to do. Well there was one thing I joked to Tory about before he headed to Iowa. I asked him if we could do a smaller scale Project X for my b-day. He laughed and said yeah fo sure, anything for my friend. He also mentioned about having a square dance in the barn they have and I was like yes, a must. It would be crazy if we could get it done, but I have a feeling like it will fall through.

Today was like, I need to do something productive or fun. I haven't played basketball for awhile and I really enjoyed it when I got on the winning team. You might not know how hard it is on a guy who hasn't done a lot of working out for the past month and be on the winning team for basketball. What the winning team is, you get to keep playing till you lose. My team won 8 straight games and I felt like my knees were going to explode. Luckily they didn't, but I really need to get back in shape, plus I miss basketball. So yeah that was fun. My teammates kept calling me Scalibrine because I have red hair and Scalibrine is a red head basketball player in the NBA. It didn't bother me, it was actually quite funny and hey I'm a pro.

It must have been a good day, tired out for once and feel like sleeping soon. I've totally put off worrying and problems in life this week. I've focused on enjoying the "now" and keep on looking up after battle after battle. Life is just one step to paradise and I try to enjoy the little things and I keep going in my life adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment