Saturday, April 6, 2013

Chapter 41: Today Won't Be Tomorrow

You have the one good night, you feel untouchable, you feel above the world for the moment and you want it to last for an eternity. This moment gives you wings and fears turn to flight. You soar above anything that tries to bring you down to the ground. You are struck though, with a bullet of ending.

Time to move on, friends are moving along as well. You sit at the bar with your best friend and he begins to let you know how much the last couple of years have meant to him, you feel the same way. I almost wish that I could relive junior year, but its too perfect to touch. It needs to be left as is, perfect and memorable. Water drops crawl in his eyes and he knows this may be the last year we have. Four more weeks and we will be far apart, the distance that will separate us. I promise him, I will never forget these past years and we will always have a great friendship, but I know as time will go on, we will become memories.

Today was a good day, but tomorrow will be the day I remember yesterday. A memory that will stay pure and preserved forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment