Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chapter 29: I'm no Superhero

After picking my friend up to do a test and dropping him back off at home, I was driving down main street when the most odd thing happened. Man in a SUV doesn't see the red light and tries to stop at the last second. The the street is covered in black ice and he slides. The woman in a green Taurus takes a hit as she crosses the street, she spins and hes spins too. His car smacks into another car in the other lane and now three cars are in the accident. I saw this all and got out of my car. I run up to the the man in the SUV and ask if hes ok. He shakes his head. I see hes got a bruise and couple cuts, but nothing too bad. A cop comes onto the scene and I'm helping out the people of the crash with a couple of other guys. Other by standers just watch as we get the people out of the car and help them walk around. They give me that look of "Wow your a good guy, your like a superhero."

Um hold up. Superhero? Nah nah that ain't me. Do they even know what I fail at in life? All they see is a guy helping out some victims of a crash. They don't know that I can't hold a relationship to save my life or that I'm struggling in some classes at the local college. No they don't know me like that, but I guess thats how superheros are looked at. We have no backstory that people know because they will never know us personally. They only know what they see, a figure trying to do what is right.

So does that make me more than a man? Nah, it makes me what everyone else should have done. We all have a little bit of hero in us. We just afraid to stand up and do something. We let others do what we should have done. Help a friend or family member this Holiday with something. Be kind to your enemies and become the White Knight, while I roam in the Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment