Monday, May 27, 2013

Ch. 1: Dreamers of My Dream

There is so much more to life then wanting a career, but honestly God wants me to use my abilities and talents for something that is greater. I use to dream a lot. As a kid, my imagination had no bounds and seeing the world just one step at a time, stirred up my imagination. I still visualize things in my head from time to time. Mostly I visualize creating new things and imagining if I did them. I keep asking myself, if my dream is too impossible or not for God? I don't think God would give me talent to waste. I would proudly do something with my talent that is in the eyes of God, I wouldn't use it against him.

Its hard to hear that your dream is not practical. To think that dreams are fairy tales and they can never happen, saddens me. The world has lost their own imagination. Our country was built on people with new ideas and seeing how they could change the world. My grandpa today dropped off a letter for me, inside was $500 and a message that said this, "We are so proud of you and we know you will impact the world someday with your great talent and imagination." I thanked him privately. Grandpa told me he was very impressed with what I've done with my talent, he can't wait to see me achieve my dream. It feels good to know that others believe in me too.

God should be the one who receives all praise. I say this now, but I know I will be tempted. Hollywood stars take all the glory and never give it back to the one who gave them their talent. How are they glorifying God everyday? Do they take all the praise? I hope I don't fall into the state of pride. I'm only here because God loves me and wanted me to love him back. He should be the reason why I live and he should be the reason why you live too. Otherwise we've wasted our talents.

 God is the dreamer of my dreams and those dreams will come real someday. Just have to hold on and have faith. God always comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment