Saturday, November 17, 2012

Chapter 26: Back to the Hood

If I have never told, I was born in Los Angeles, CA. We actually lived in San Bernadino, which was like 10 mins from L.A. I lived in the ghettos. Today I decided to watch Boyz N the Hood, starring Cuba Gooding Jr. and Ice Cube who live in the hood of L.A. It seems so real and I recall my dad telling me the time he went to the hood. My dad was a pizza delivery driver for Pizza Hut for a couple of days, before he quit. The reason he quit that job was when he went on his second delivery and he went to the ghettos to deliver the pizza. He got to this shady house and walked up to the steps. He was a skinny white boy in a black neighborhood. Some African American came to the door and took the pizza from him. My dad asked for money and the guy told him to piss off. The guy had a glock on him and my dad remembers that he looked high. My dad just walked away and quit that night.

Its crazy that every city has a hood, even the small city I live in the Midwest. I know a guy that has connections with some people in town and this just reminds me of my hometown. People always trying to be big or somethin. I just don't see why people want to get caught up in this shit. He asked if I would help him out with finding some clients or interested friends, I told him that I would let him know. People are dumb, I just want to know whats going to happen to him when he gets caught. I don't want to go into jail and do time and never have a job or family. Why screw that all up?

I sit in my room and listen to Tupac radio station on Pandora. I don't really like the lyrics, but I enjoy the 90's beats. It lets me think and relax. The lyrics are garbage and I can't believe people actually listened to this back in the day. I guess times have changed and so have people. I'm so glad I don't live in C.A. because I don't want to witness crime, I just want to keep all the good memories from living in C.A. I love that place and I know that if I go back, I wouldn't fit in. Its just been so long and I don't know the lifestyle out there no more. Lets just say if I went back, I would either fly back home or get shot running off my mouth. Life is hard on the west coast and its no place for a Minnesota Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment