Monday, November 19, 2012

Chapter 27: Having Trials, Still Thankful

Its another one of those late nights and I'm working on homework that I've pushed off to the last second. On top of that my car's starter died last night so I had a quite interesting morning. I called in a tow truck, drove to the far side of town and waited 3.5hrs for my BIG bill. Yeah so I've been in a frenzy all day. I can't believe I've found time to just take a step back and make sure my body isn't overheating. Nope, I'm doing alright I guess.

Tomorrow I have a big test though and I hardly know what the test is going to be on. So tomorrow morning I'll take some time to study a bit and then I get to leave for Thanksgiving Break to home. I'm so excited because I haven't seen family for like a month. I miss my family a lot, but I still hate that old town. It looks old, smells old and I feel old when I reach the old town. I really didn't care to live there any longer then I had too, no offense to my parents, but I hated the day when they chose to move us to that crappy town. It will be nice though to see family, I get to see Gram Gram too. I love my grandma and she is such a cooky person.

I can't tell you how thankful I am to have an amazing family, a family that actually cares about me and wants the best for me in life. God has blessed me with a beautiful and loving family. I have so many things to be thankful for, but family is the most important one. I use to say,"Whenever I come home, I feel like a king. Mom and Dad make sure my time home is amazing and help me out with food or anything I need." Now its not like that, I see they didn't do it just because they missed me, but they did it because they want to let me know that they are still here for me even though I'm a grown man and moving on in life. The world isn't at its best right now, but my parents make it feel like it was when I was a kid, they make life easier.

I'm thankful for siblings too. There was times back in high school when I hated school and the people I called friends. The only true friends I had, are still my brother and sister. They are the greatest and help me everyday get over the troubles of life. My sister reminds me of a shining star, she's such a bright person and always happy. Five years ago, she told me she looked up to me because she was happy to see that I was following God and going to college, but since then I've looked up to her because she is so strong and loves God so much, she's been there with God the whole way for me, pushing me to become a better Christian. My brother is the best. When I feel alone and left out, he is always there to bug me and cheer me up, I could never ask God for a better brother. I love them both so much that I never want to disappoint them again because God and I know that I have disappointed them sometimes.

Its amazing that family will be there for you through the thick and thin. When I mess up, they forgive and love me. I've buttheads with them many times, but they have always welcomed me home when I have no where else to turn. Again God, I thank you for giving me a family that cares and I pray for everyone in the world and hope their families love them too. If they don't, God will always be your father.

No comments:

Post a Comment