Monday, January 14, 2013

Chapter 31: Pen on Paper

First day of my last semester at college and it makes me happy. I don't think there is a better word to use besides, happy. I'm not glad that its over, but another chapter of my life is coming to an end and I know that God hasn't fully ended my story. He's sent alot of things this week that mean a lot to me. A good friend returned this week back to the college I'm going to, I haven't seen her for over 2 years. It was really nice to see her again. I was looking all over the first day to see if I would run into her or we would have the same class, but I didn't. I was just about to leave my work place and I turned to see someone with a bright smile walking over to me. I was so happy to see her. I gave a great hug and asked how she was doing. She is glad to be back and asked if I grew taller. Haha I'm still 6'3". She misses her old school and I know I would too, but I can already see that this semester is going to be a good one.

I wonder why God created luck? I recently won a kindle fire, I find out that I'm in four classes with my best friend and a girl that I missed has come back. In this case is it luck or fate? I don't think God believes in fate or destiny, but he does hear my prayers even though I haven't been his bright angel. I'm having a turn of thought and I'm willing to change. Its not about any girl or because I want others to think better of me, its because I've finally accepted that my life that I'm living is not glorifying and I worship other idols then God. There is a verse in the bible that goes something like "I shall not have any idols." If I'm living for me, I might as well throw in the towel and give up, but God never has given up on me.

We talked today about judging others and we took notice of students that we thought less of, but reminded ourselves that God is the only judge. Judging others isn't our duty. I can compare myself to those students, the ones that lie, cheat and swear. The type of people that think about girls with an impure mind. I am far from perfect and I've screwed up. When we were all talking, the girl I haven't seen for awhile said this, "We all have a past that we are not proud of and we should never give up or think differently about those who fall." I'm not saying there is a chance with this girl because I don't believe in luck, I believe in God and he will have his way with my life and he will decide if I'm ready to go past friendship. I'm far from ending my story, so thats why this pen will never leave paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment