Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chapter 4: Why be Normal?

What to buy with 100 dollars? Hmm my parents were generous this year. Last year I got a t-shirt maybe? I don't remember, but what to do with 100 dollars? I know what I'll get, I'll get a suit! Recently I've been doing things that a normal person wouldn't do like buying a suit and getting a sexy hair cut. Yes I know, I said sexy whipdee doo. I had to get my mind off my recent let downs in life. Today, my roommate and I drove to Fargo to get me fitted for a suit and I must say I do feel like a "Boss".

We arrive at Halbertsons and the place is very nice and professional looking. The employees are all wearing like 300 to 750 dollar suits. They all have the nice, clean cut shave and haircut and the biggest smile ever. Dang it, I forgot who helped me pick out my suit today, I will refer to him as the "Bigshot" for now. Oh so the suit, let me tell you about it. It costed me 200 dollars and its very high quality, I'm picking it up tomorrow from Bigshot. It's made of 100% cotton and its black with a special type of pinstripe. I believe Bigshot called it "Engraved Pinstripe?" I'm not totally sure on that, but it looks amazing. I got it fitted to my body, which is going to look great in this suit. I also got a nice gray dress shirt, a black leather belt and a maroon diamond tie. Bigshot was nice, but I have a feeling he was nice to me because I was spending money at the store, but he was cool and if Bigshot ever wants to party up at the Hub, I'm down with that. Hes a balla, haha ok so tomorrow at 12:30pm I'm picking up the suit. The total was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but hey, if you wanna look good and invest in yourself, you gotta spend money. I've been saving up for awhile and my parents said, "Have some fun with your present," when they gave me the check for one-hundo in the mail for my birthday.

I can't wait to try it all on and show up to places like a "Boss". I don't like to be normal, I'm trying to stay away from being normal because normal hasn't worked for me lately and I gotta live and try new things. I've been cutting on video game usage and it feels great. Who would have thought that cutting back on video games could actually make you do your homework on time? I just smile now thinking about it. Who really wants to be normal? Not me. Not I, not Mr.Stark, not the "Boss". I want to venture off into the world like a explorer. Come across new ideas, events, people and places. I want to see the world and experience different parts of life.

Why a suit? It makes me feel powerful and strong. I feel when people look at me they think I'm intimidating and interesting. They want to know who is behind the aviators and dark suit. Who is that man? Maybe I'm getting a little head of myself, but seriously when I go some place I want to be noticed and turn heads. My mind is living a fantasy and that fantasy is Tony Stark. My name is Jordan Stark and just the other day, a waitress called me Mr.Stark and another waitress joked around with me because I'm quite the character I guess.

I've been givin opportunities and now I need to blow everything out of proportion. I might become a famous actor, I was told by the director today during auditions that I have a great acting experience and a good chance of getting a main part in the film. Sure I was excited, but I thanked him like a gentleman and man with an image and walked out like it was no big dealyo. He said he will e-mail me back if I got a part on Monday.

I like getting involved with people's everyday life. I wonder if it's even possible to know everyone in the world or how about in my city. Taking a nice stroll downtown and thinking about how many people I will look at in my life time and I think it will reach over millions. There are a lot of people in the world and almost everyone lives a normal life. Not me though, I want to be far from normal. Life is already normal and I don't need to blend in everyone's everyday life.

Shooting some billiards with a kid that stops by my work every time I work. I swear every time I'm working, he has to drop by and play pool. Today he asked me if I would join him and usually I say no, but today I'll switch it up. The kid is stoned and drunk, I could smell the booze rising off his clothes. It was defiantly noticeable. We talk for a bit and he tells me about his life and how hard it has been lately. We get on the discussion of my old crush and he finds out that it will never work out between her and I. He says he feels bad, but hell he didn't know anything about the two of us.

He gave me a new nickname. I have plenty of nicknames already, Iron Man, J.Stark, Mr.Stark, Starky, Starsky, Red Giant, it goes on and on, but yeah he gave me a new nickname. "Dude for now on you will be called the Kid," he says and I sink the 8 ball into a pocket and win. The Kid, I like that. Even though everyday I'm physically getting older, that won't stop this Kid inside of me from discovering the world and achieving some goals in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment