Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life as a Storm

Strange thing happened today. Lol I wasn't prepared again for a test and this time I don't think I'm gonna do so great. Don't you just hate it when you take a test and after the test, you go back and look up all the answers and find that you got some wrong. Yeah that pretty much happened to me today, except this time i think I might have failed my test. I was a little disappointed in myself. I was pissed.

After getting mad at myself I decided to go around and get attention. Stupid idea! Looking for attention when you have just received bad news about something usually gets messy and you exaggerate your problems. Why do we feel like we need someone to feel sorry for us? Why do we always rush to get attention or seek help? I guess we are only human.

Its like today on Facebook. If you haven't heard, one of the greatest men in technology history died today. Yes, Steve Jobs died from cancer at the age of 56. I knew something bad would happen on Facebook. Here are some of the quotes that I saw.

"RIP steve jobs - posted from a macbook pro from a faithful mac user"


"Poor steve.... Apple won't be anything without him !"


"Thank you Steve Jobs for so many "wow, that's really cool" moments. You changed the world by believing in your dreams."


The list goes on and on and on and on(about 3 web pages). We will all miss Steve Jobs, but why is it now that everyone talks about him? Was he not worth talking about or changing your status when he was alive? People have a bad habit about praising someone about their life after they are dead and gone. What will people remember me for when I'm dead and gone?



What have I done with my life lately? Did I create a line of technology devices? Nope. lol I wish. Today I remembered my past summer and the storms. I was working as a camp counselor at this camp in Williston, ND and when storms would hit the camp on the weekends, I would run to the top of a hill and watch them come in. Don't worry, I didn't get hit by lightning. I made sure there were plenty of taller trees around me. I remember just listening, quietly to the rumble and the wind blowing in the distance. I could see the rain fall from the sky and soon get closer and closer. I would sit on the that hill from time to time, not thinking about anything. Not worrying about lighting striking me, getting soaked by the rain, and life issues. Nature calmed my mind and brought me great peace when I needed it the most. A close friend took these photos. He really got me thinking about my life and what I wanted to do with it.


On one of the stormy nights, my friend and I were watching the storm and talking. He asked me if I liked it there in Williston. I told him that I had thoughts in the beginning of the summer to quit and leave, but I was glad that I didn't. We talked for awhile and we got on the subject of past lives. He asked me,"Why do you think you went through that past experience?" In the beginning of the summer I couldn't answer that question, but when he asked me it in July, I replied,"Experiences make us into the people that we are. Experiences make us stronger and we learn from our past mistakes. If everyone didn't go through different trials in life, we would all be living the same, boring life."

Photography by: Ryan Robbinson
I guess what I'm trying to say is that life is like a storm. You will get terrified at first, but you know eventually the storm has to end. Life is full of trials and we will have to fight through them. I want to be recognized for the good things I do everyday, not for my past mistakes and struggles. I want people to see my life as a breathtaking view and not a gloomy and dark storm.



No comments:

Post a Comment