Saturday, October 22, 2011

Chapter 7: The Organization

I've been quite the busy bee this week. I tell you, my organization has made me work day and night over funding and location. Yes we got both! It was an amazing week and the members are super pumped for all the new events that will happen.

So I went to the funding meeting with my vice president and event planner. We walk in and I give them a speech on the group and what we are all about. The event planner goes into detail about e sports and my vice president gives his experience with e sports and competitive gaming. We get a lot of people nodding their heads and questions come at us from all sides of the tables. I try to answer them and tell them this group would be really beneficial if we got funding. They hand over $350 to the group and tell us to show up to the Student Senate Meeting on Thursday to hear from them about getting a room. We got more pumped about the room situation then getting the funding for the group. We didn't know what to expect on Thursday.

I go to the meeting last Thursday, alone. I wait patiently for 1 hr to give me speech on getting some space on campus. I talk to them and tell them what they need to know. They bring up that we could move into their office space on Fridays and Saturdays. I get excited, but the room needs to vote on it. So I go back and sit and they write up a form. 1 hr later they come back to the subject on the room and the group votes in favor of giving the League of Roc space in Student Senate. There were only 4 people voted against it. I was excited to spill the news to the members the next day during the meeting.

The meeting went well. 8 people showed up including I and we talked about funding, location, and events. We will soon have a big tournament/event on Nov 4th. We hope we can host it in the ballroom on campus and make it a super huge event. We also found some people who are willing to support us in prizes and maybe even sponsor the event. They members are great and we spent the whole day in the room. We played lots of league of legends today and just kicked back. We had a good turnout and I hope we have more fun weekends like this one. The League of Roc is here to stay and hopefully become one of the greatest organizations on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment